BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 11 January 2011

I wish I was a cyclist

Sadly tho' I'm not.

Not even remotely like one, I own a bike, infact, I own several, but there, the similarity ends.

Cyclist don't have body fat.

I do.

Cyclists do not understand the comprehension of looking for XXL clothing.

I do. 

Cyclists have a chest measuremnt, that I'd kill to have as a waist measurement.

I've been lucky enough to ride with some truely great people, people who write magazines, people who teach bike skills, that make downhill look effortless, people who go on cycling adventures, that I can't even comprehend.

Like I say, some truely great, great people.

And then, there's me.

At the back, always, some 200 yards off the pace... never quite fitting in, never quite keeping up, but there, and tolerated.

Now the whole point of this is not to wallow in self-pity, not at all,far from it, infact,  I thought I'd write this to motivate myself to get out there and ride.

Lots.

And  lots.

In the vague hope that someday, I may become a cyclist.

1 comments:

Lucy said...

writing things down is great for sorting the mind & get some motivation.
you will get there!
Enjoyed your post :0) x